Saturday, September 22, 2007

The 40 Year Old Virgin

We Tivoed (is that a word?) The 40 Year Old Virgin a few weeks back and settled in to watch it last night.

Hysterical. I started laughing from the moment the movie started and Steve Carell walks through his room of action figures and I really didn't stop laughing for longer than a few minutes until the credits rolled. Totally infantile in every way, but not as crude as American Pie and its offspring... more like a Kevin Smith film. Basically, it's a guy film.

Apparently, they had to remove 15 minutes of footage to avoid an NC-17 rating. Kinda makes me curious to check out the Unrated version. Anyone out there seen it already?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea whether I saw the unrated version or not, but that was a freakin' hilarious movie.

Steve Carell and Will Ferrell are two actors whose movies I'll just see by default -- don't even need to hear the storyline. Just recently saw Blades of Glory too -- so damn funny.

Gomberg said...

Wow, my first comment some someone I've never met!

Though, I suppose that's what Others Online is all about, huh? ;) It's an interesting concept and I wish you luck with your business.

Take care!