Sunday, September 21, 2008

Election 2008

I've been getting a lot of e-mail from friends about the upcoming election. I have friends on both sides of the spectrum and some in the middle, so it's an interesting array of messages that I find in my inbox these days.

What's concerning to me is - both in these e-mails and in conversations I've had and overheard recently - there's more pertaining to race and gender than the issues. I worry that as the election draws nearer, it will become more and more about race and gender than issues, and that's somewhat frightening.

Let me try to sum this up for everyone that's been inspired to vote based on the race or gender of the candidates:

It's not the history that will be made by either party on 11/4/2008 that's critical to the future of our nation, it's the history that will be made after 1/20/2009 that will matter.

Study the issues. Learn about the candidates. Make an informed decision.

We're all counting on you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah...Americans should really be wise especially that elections is getting near..