Saturday, December 8, 2007

He's Heeeere!

Connor Raine Gomberg
Born 12/6/2007 at 11:13am
7 pounds, 2 ounces
21 inches
Apgar Scores 9, 9

Well, the big day finally came. We actually knew what day it would be, since we had an induction scheduled at our last doctor's appointment, but we'd hoped that he would have made an appearance before it came to that.

In true first parent form, I've got a full play-by-play of the entire event written down on one of the notepads by the phone in our hospital room. Since blog entries ar supposed to be short - and since I've posted a few doozies already - I'll spare you the details.

Suffice it to say, Mother and baby are well. Misha's recovering nicely from her C-section (if you really want the details, e-mail me) and Connor's feeding and sleeping and pooping - which is what infants do best.

Me? I'm completely beside myself. I've seen plenty of babies in my day but there's something totally different about looking into the eyes of your own child. I've heard about this connection, I knew it would be there, but nothing can prepare you for what it really feels like. It's truly awe inspiring.

(The hospital's wireless network is making it impossible to post photos... I'll get one up tonight.)

2 comments:

Miss Kate said...

Congrats! I'm a good friend of Michelle's popping over from her blog. :o)

www.sophistiKated.com

Gomberg said...

Welcome miss kate, a pleasure to see you. Thanks for the congrats.

-Carl